Anytime you needed to remove your pages or entire website from Google Listing ?
Let me show a path to you.
For detail description about the topic, visit google's help pages listed at the end of the post.
Let's start then:
1) Remove entire website:
- Use robots.txt (A Standard for Robot Exclusion)
- To remove entire website from google only & prevent just Googlebot to crawling your site,
Add following to the robots.txt & place it at the server root.
- Each Port & each protocol must have its own robots.txt file
* For Urgent removal of your website from google use Automatic URL removal system
2) Removal of parts of your website
(i) Again use of robots.txt
- To remove all the pages under a particular directory (say, compile), add to robots.txt
- To remove all the files some specific extension (say, gif), add to robots.txt
(here, * is a wildcard for any pattern & $ denotes end of the string/filename)
(ii) Use of Meta Tags
- To prevent googlebot to index a page of your website, include following tag in the page
<meta name="GOOGLEBOT" content="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">
Try Getting More help from Google itself :